Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 16:50:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rob Mallory <rmallory@wiley.csusb.edu>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: df of cdrom bit hard

> looks like a power glitch.. are those devices in an external cabinet?

3 scsi disks + HP1533A + plextor cdrom, all internal, in that order
with plextor termination enabled, I can't remember if the dat has term
power enabled. and one st31200W on the other end (internal).
300W power supply, external UPS.
  after the bus reset, the cdrom gave  I/O errors, but the bus was not hung.
I sync'd rebooted, and everything was fine.

> OR
> possibly the ncd drive detected a hang and reset the scsi bus..

I thought plextor 6-plex's were the "more friendly" type :)
...should I add a ribbon-->micro-D converter and terminate with
   an active terminator?
-RM