Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:33:19 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: phpMyAdmin directory (newbie question)

>gives better results for this package.  This will however run into the
>problem that the /usr/local/www/data-dist directory and contents will
>be deleted if you ever update your apache port.  You're really meant
>to break the data -> data-dist link and create your own
>/usr/local/www/data directory if you are going to install your own
>website:

Yes, exactly Matthew. I've been meaning to post this, as I was truly
bitten by it a few months ago. Upgrading the Apache port with completely
remove the default data folder, *without any warning*. Poof - your
entire site is gone. So don't use data-dist.

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog