Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:20:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        James Wagner <jwagner@hankgraff.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Documentation Mistake

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, James Wagner wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm currently browsing through the documentation for FreeBSD because I'm
> considering using it for a file/samba/e-mail server.  I find it interesting,

Thanks. :)

> but did find one thing in the documentation that is just plain wrong.

s/wrong/outdated/

> I've used a small (~50 meg) Linux LiveCD called gParted many times to split
> NTFS partitions.  I've never had a problem using it, it has a nice pretty
> graphical interface, and it's 100% free to download and use.  The LiveCD page
> is at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php in case you want to try it or
> add a link to it in your install guide.  (I have no affiliation with this
> project other than loving it when I need to use it.)

Do you happen to know if this is the same tool that's on the Ubuntu CDs? I
had to load Ubuntu recently for a project I'm working on and was very
impressed by the fact that they had a partition editor that painlessly
resized the existing NTFS partition and made room to install Ubuntu. If
they are the same that's great, otherwise if someone gets a round 'tuit
before I do it would be nice to add both tools to the list.

Doug