Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:51:58 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Stumpie <stumpie@edu.gte.net>
Cc:        Bob Ashby <bashby@seanet.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running X

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 09:24:50PM -0700, Stumpie wrote:
> Bob Ashby wrote:
> >
> > This is getting annoying.  I have loaded FreeBSD 2.2.5 so far everything
> > works well from root.  I established a usr (me) when I log on as a user I
> > can't run "startx" even when I cd /usr/X11R6/bin and ls the directory to
> > make sure that the file is there and type "startx" I can not get it to
> > start.  Is there any help for me?
>
> I can relate to that.  I've been loging in as root.  I got into x config and ran
> that program.  When I entered startx from root, I got the following error message.
>
> ld.so failed  can't find shared library "libxmu.so.6.0"
>
> Do I have to run startx from /usr/x11r6/bin?  Do I have to login as a user other
> than root?
>
> I told you I was green. ;-)

Well don't worry about your colour :-)
Take your questions over to freebsd-questions and
1) you'll get answers
2) other people greener than you will see the answers too
3) other smart people will check that the answers are the correct ones
4) we can carry on with our non-technical stuff in -newbies

If you're in any doubt at all, read
http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/

--

Regards,