Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:53:06 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        Boris Popov <bp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>, Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>, "G. Jason Middleton" <jasonm@jestec.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no buffer  space available (outcome of netstat -m)

-On [20010129 05:45], Boris Popov (bp@FreeBSD.ORG) wrote:
>On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Bosko Milekic wrote:
>
>>     Boris, if you're reading this, if you see that both these
>> gentlemen have the same interface, perhaps we have a winner? I've been
>> unable to find the problem as of yet (frankly, I've had little time to
>> look too deeply).
>
>	This a is plain Realtek8029 with ed driver. As I've already
>mentioned to Bosko - it is enough to ping this box from another machine to
>initiate buffers cleanup.

Same here with ep:

ep0: <3Com 3C509-TP EtherLink III> at port 0x300-0x30f irq 10 on isa0

Happens every once in a while [CURRENT] ifconfig down 'n up solves it.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          VIA Net.Works The Netherlands
BSD: Technical excellence at its best  Network- and systemadministrator