Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2012 10:33:32 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        Ross <basarevych@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound lag in Wine

--nextPart1768253.drIfEMAh01

Hi

On Thursday, 20 December 2012 15:08:31 Ross wrote:
> Hello.
>=20
> I installed David Naylor's wine-fbsd64-1.5.18.
> Installed Steam, bought Counter-Strike 1.6 and CS: CZ.
>=20
> However, when I run these games I experience a sound lag (maybe a
> half-second =E2=80=94 second).

I remember having a similar problem, although my issue was an echo.  After =
a=20
few updates the issue disappeared. =20

> I googled the topic, the soultion is to switch to Alsa, which is not
> supported in wine-fbsd64-1.5.18=E2=80=A6
>=20
> Is there anything I can do to get rid of the lag?

I can suggest three things to try:
 1) Update software
 1.1) Upgrade (or downgrade) wine (I've release version 1.5.20)
 1.2) Upgrade ports (some sound related components may cause issues, althou=
gh=20
*very* unlikely)
 1.3) Upgrade kernel and world (sound fixes may be available to fix your=20
issue)
=20
 2) Try building your own wine package with ALSA support (requires a i386=20
jail/chroot, editing the emulators/wine-devel/Makefile and manually install=
ing=20
the ALSA port).  See my other emails regarding the procedure to build a win=
e-
fbsd64 package. =20

 3) File a bug report to bugs.winehq.org.  I've found the sound guy very=20
responsive and willing to fix the OSS backend (patches may be provided=20
requiring parts of step 2). =20

If you do not come right please ping me in the middle of Jan and I'll try=20
assist you (I should be able to get a copy of CS 1.6). =20

Regards,

David