Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:46:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>, opfor001@netscape.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: floppies?

On 16-Nov-00 Danny wrote:

> You can setup a modem on your 486
> then get the 2 boot disk for FreeBSD from the www.freebsd.orgt
>
> Then install it via the Internet
>
> checkout the FreeBSD handbook for more details
>
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Dr. MindBender wrote:
>> >%_hello,
>> i wanted to know if it was possible to get freeBSD on 3.5 floppy format? is
>> there a folder on the ftp to download the floppy files? i have an old 486
>> machine im planning on installing it on.. it doesnt have a cd-rom drive
>> please help if you can

Apart from installing from the Internet (which is easy if you have the bandwidth
etc) I would suggest you to rob a CDROM from another computer only for the
installation. It is much, much easier than doing it from floppies. And given
that you can get the iso-image on ftp://ftpfreebsd.org it also has many packages
you probably want anyway.

/M

>> -jeff
>> my email address is opfor001@netscape.net