Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:26:45 -0600
From:      "Jason Hudgins" <Hudginsj@smtp.dancooks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disklabel woes...

In my effort to simulate a total system crash and restoration I have
one little problemo.

This occurs using a customized fixit floppy...

disklabel -R -B -b /mnt2/usr/mdec/wdboot -s /mnt2/usr/mdec/bootwd
wd0s1a /mnt2/stand/wd0s1alabel.asc wd21600
^^^^^
    This section is my problem...there is no wd0s1a on the /dev MFS
filesystem using the fixit floppy...I have the device in /mnt2/dev/
but disklabel does not like it when I provide any sort of path name.
I have tried symlinking the devices to /dev but disklabel does not
see them.
    Anyone got any ideas about this?

Thanks
   Jason