Date:      30 Aug 2000 12:35:48 +0200
From:      joda@pdc.kth.se (Johan Danielsson)
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disabling xhost(1) Access Control

"Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net> writes:

> Is there such a way to do this (aside 'rm /usr/bin/xhost' and
> setting all user writable filesystems noexec)?

Not without recompiling the Xserver.

If you want to do that there are at least two places you have to
change the behaviour in programs/Xserver/os/access.c:

* for the `xhost +' case change ChangeAccessControl(), to only succeed
  for the enable case (paranoid people use `xhost -' routinely).

* for `xhost +host' change AddHost() to your liking (ifdef out
  FamilyInternet).

I don't know if the FreeBSD xsrc tree differs from what I have, but I
don't think so.

/Johan