Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:02:13 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        Derek Barrett <derekbarrett@graffiti.net>, freebsd-cluster <freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Application cluster

Hi Derek,

>I would also love to take a look at this failover script.

It's a daemon and some scripts.

>What types of apps have you used this on so far?

You will laugh, but simple scripts that say "I am starting, I am stopping"
because I never had enough time to get out of the test phase

>Do you use a serial cable for the heartbeat monitor mechanism?

Actually not.  It uses network interfaces to send heartbeats.  I had up to
6 machines running once (different architectures IE: Sparc, VAX, and I386).
But lately I have been only working with two and three machines (all I-386).
In the early days it was multi platform (people who used linux was also
using it--which was a surprise because I never thought it was that
portable).
These days I am focusing on FreeBSD only--again because of time--but
mostly also because I am starting to use some system specific stuff as it
becomes more elaborate.

>Danke,

Thanks for this, but I am an American working in Germany. ;-)
I do fool a lot of people though because I have pick up an accent.

PS.  Do you know a place where I can put the 'tar' file so that
people can get to it?  My main website is down for about the
next two weeks.

Andy