Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:20:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd problem: Cannot detect Hard Disk (SATA)

Dmitry Morozovsky writes:
| On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
|
| DM> DA> There is:
| DM> DA> 	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/ata/ata_stable_sata_7.patch
| DM> DA> for 4.10.  That deals with Intel and Promise SATA stuff and
| DM> DA> ata-raid fixes/enhancements.  It deals with legacy and enhanced modes
| DM> DA> for Intel SATA.
| DM> DA>
| DM> DA> A bunch of people have installed it and are using this.  A bunch of
| DM> DA> our customers use it via our appliance.
| DM>
| DM> Wow, thanks! BTW, it seems some sio patches are slipped in by accident?
|
| BTW2: here is small patch to support Promise SATA PDC20376 controller found on
| our Albatron MB

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Thanks for the patch.  It will go in the next patch set.  I should make
a new one fairly soon since I initially prevented the Promise stuff from
using PIO but found out we need PIO for crash dumps.  I need to test
the PIO change.  It was pretty trivial since there is already stuff
to deal with this.

Doug A.