Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:59:03 -0500
From:      "David LaPorte" <david_laporte@harvard.edu>
To:        <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing 3.4 with a AIC-7899

I'm having some difficulty installing FreeBSD 3.4 on a Dell Precision 420.
The motherboard has an on-board AIC7899 Ultra 160 controller that does not
get recognized.  I tried a quick Mandrake 7.0 install, and it was recognized
as a AIC-7899 Ultra 160m.  The FreeBSD HCL lists AIC-789X, so I assumed it'd
be supported.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Dave LaPorte