Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:04:53 -0600
From:      "Allan Ross" <allanr@ssimicro.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Virus after install?

Well, rather than hope that someone is pokeing about on this I have posted a
question to the Symantec tech support page. Here is a cut/paste of my post,
I will post their reply when I get one.

<quote>
I use an operating system called FreeBSD(www.freebsd.org). One of the
install options of this software is to create a multiboot install with the
current OS (win95/98 for example) This is achieved by making changes to the
master boot record. It has been reported in one of the mailing lists
(questions@freebsd.org) that this change is subsequently detected by Norton
Anti-Virus as a virus (Bloodhound.MBR). Can the Norton dat files be updated
to properly recognize the multi-boot software that is available out there?
Is research already being done in this area?

Thanks!
</quote>