Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:44:19 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Modestas <modestas@ignera.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum problems - help urgently needed

Your messages are one line per paragraph.

On Wednesday, 14 February 2001 at 20:29:42 +0200, Modestas wrote:
> After replacing the motherboard I have started the server and sytem
> stopped saying that vinum volume is crashed. I have noticed that one
> of my IDE connectors wan't connected. After conecting the drive and
> starting vinum said that one of plexes is faulty another is
> crashed. I have started both plexes manually. 1st plex has started
> succesfully, another revived and started also. Now I'm not able to
> run fsck on vinum volume - it says :
>
> ** /dev/vinum/ignera
> BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTER=
NATE
> /dev/vinum/vinum0: INCOMPLETE LABEL: type 4.2BSD fsize 1024, frag 8, cpg =
0, size 39034880

> Previously whole system was working succesfully appr. 10 months.
>
> System FreeBSD 4.2 stable, compiled from sources.
>
> Any help will be appreciated. All the data and backups of data are
> in the vinum volume, so there are no ways for recovery.

You sent me most of the correct information; why have you omitted it
here?  Other people will need it as well.  Particularly this kind of
message should give you an idea where the problem lies:

> Feb 14 19:01:58 server01 /kernel: Fvee=C2SD 4=AE=B2-STABLE #5: Wu=E4$Nov =
22 08:5y:54 EET 2800
> Feb 14 19:01:58 server01 /kernel: ` root@server01.igner=E1.ba|t=AEnet:/us=
r/src/sys/co=EDpil=E5/I=07NERQ
> Feb 14 19:01:58 server01 /kernel: =D4imecounter "i9254"  fruqw=E5ncy 1193=
182 Hz
> Feb 14 19:01:58 server01 /kernel: Timecounter &TSC"  =A6reyuency 34926901=
4$Hz

You obviously have some serious hardware problems.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.