Date:      18 Feb 1999 18:12:53 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.x sysinstall via local 3.x system NFS?

I installed 3.0-RELEASE this past weekend via boot floppy and FTP over
POTS, then cvsupped to get 3.1-STABLE. Did make world and all's well.

I have another system running 2.2.7 I'd like to upgrade but am unsure
how.  I'd like to take it down all the way and repartition it, so I
can't just NFS mount the 3.1 box's /usr and /obj and do make install.

Is there some way I can boot the box off a boot.flp then install via
local NFS from a installed and running system? or do I have to have
all the special .tgz sysinstall files?

Thanks.