Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:37:22 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <eischen@vigrid.com>, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is it late already? (-pthread)

Hi,
The pthreads in RELENG_4 are quite broken (I mean, very-very broken).
Daniel M. Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com> has produced some patches which are
in -current for some time now, and were tested by me in -stable.
They were found to work great for all things I've tested it on.
It works *better* than the original implementation _anyway_, which is,
like I said is broken.
So, perhaps it wasn't in -current for a long time, but leaving the current
implementation is like shipping broken pthreads apriori.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]