Date:      Tue, 22 May 2007 21:39:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IP Checksum code from DragonFly BSD

Hello;

Almost a year ago a port of DragonFly's BSD IP checksum code was made:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2006-May/063286.html

As part of the thread, Alexander Leidinger's experience while building the
kernel with Intel's C was interesting:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2006-May/063434.html

My understanding is that if FreeBSD's IP checksumming code one day breaks or
doesn't build with a new gcc we will need the patch there ... I hate it when
working patches get lost in the mail archives!

Perhaps someone with good net-fu would consider studying the patch and commit
it, if adequate?

cheers,

    Pedro.

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html