Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:47:55 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steveroo@mothra.bri.hp.com>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Orielly book

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Michael Lucas wrote:
> I sent them a proposal.  They bounced it.
>
> I get the impression that they'd need someone who can write
> higher-level stuff.  A FreeBSD Newbus Device Drivers book would almost
> certainly succeed.  A FreeBSD Generic Servers book won't.
>
> Just IMHO, reading between various lines.

AFAIK the orielly books are fairly technical generally, maybe for Linux they
can afford to produce a couple of simple "here's a getting started guide" type
books, but probably not for FreeBSD.

Bearing in mind they'll want to make some money on it, it's probably fair,
however it would be in FreeBSD's interests to probably put this high priority.

	Steve

P.S. Forgot to mention that I know nothing (like manuel from faulty towers),
and could never write a book because I've no idea how to formulate a readable
sentence... that's just in case anyone thought that's what I meant.