Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:19:52 -0400 (AST)
From:      Michael Richards <miker@scifair.acadiau.ca>
To:        james matthews <coastcat@fnol.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD on another drive

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, james matthews wrote:

>  present hardware configuration I have 2 hard disks: One, drive C, is
>  dedicated to WIN 95 OS and dos software only; the second, drive D,
>  will be used strictly for FreeBSD. My question, how do I go about
>  installing FreeBSD OS on a completely separate disk (i.e. one not
Here's a "different" solution that I used for quite some time. With two
drives, each master on a different controller I bought removable drive
bays. when I wanted to boot in the other os, I switched them.

>  appreciate any info you have on this as I'm reluctant to install it and
>  screw things up. Thanks
Cardinal rule of computer scientists, back up. Then frig with it. If you
don't, you will lose data sooner or later.

-Mike