Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 14:40:01 -0400
From:      fam@risca.com (Frank Mandarino)
To:        ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov (Guy Helmer)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boca io/at66 config question

Guy Helmer writes:
> Does anyone have jumper configuration information for the boca io/at66
> multiport serial card?  A friend has upgraded his FreeBSD system and in
> the process we need to reconfigure the boca io/at66 card.  It had been
> setup to use serial ports individually at irqs 10, 11, 12, and 15, but now
> it would be very useful to set it up to share an IRQ for four ports.
> we are having trouble locating info on how to configure it this way (if it
> is possible) -- boca research's web site doesn't even acknowledge that
> this card exists.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It is definitely possible.  I am using this board right now in a 2.2.6
system and it works great.

I am not able to take a look at the actual card at the present time, but
I have the Installation Guide in front of me.

Jumper array J1 selects one of two I/O addresses for each port:

	  3F8 [O O-O] 220
	  2F8 [O O-O] 228
	  3E8 [O O-O] 240
	  2E8 [O O-O] 248
	  3E0 [O O-O] 260
	  2E0 [O O-O] 268

Jumper array J2 selects the individual IRQ for each port or
the shared IRQ:

	 IRQ4 [O O-O] S
	 IRQ3 [O O-O] H
	IRQ10 [O O-O] A
	IRQ11 [O O-O] R
	IRQ12 [O O-O] E
	IRQ15 [O O-O] D

Jumper J7 selects one of two interrupt status register I/O addresses:

	  208 [O-O O] 2F0

Jumper J8 selects the shared IRQ number:

	 IRQ4 [O O-O] IRQ5

I believe I am using the jumper settings shown above.  Here is the
relevant info from my kernel configuration:

device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device          sio2    at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device          sio3    at isa? port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector siointr

device          sio4    at isa? port 0x220 tty flags 0x985
device          sio5    at isa? port 0x228 tty flags 0x985
device          sio6    at isa? port 0x240 tty flags 0x985
device          sio7    at isa? port 0x248 tty flags 0x985
device          sio8    at isa? port 0x260 tty flags 0x985
device          sio9    at isa? port 0x268 tty flags 0x985 irq 5 vector siointr
options         COM_MULTIPORT

I have a 2-port 16550 board as well installed as well, but I had to give
up one of its ports because I had to use IRQ5 for the shared interrupt.
You will likely need to adjust the flags parameter as described in the
sio man page to set a different master port number.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need further information.

Regards,
../fam
--
Frank A. Mandarino					fam@risca.com
		     60 F1 97 67 FB B9 9D 75  F8 C4 FA 9E AF 2F 04 FE