Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:57:51 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Dave Banning" <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't access certain web addresses - very weird

I'm not as much help as many, but I'll start off
with an idea or two.

Give us the basics first, such as:

What are the entries in /etc/resolv.conf?

Do 'nslookup.'  What server does this command
connect you to?

What about ping?  Can you ping by name, or is it
just a browser issue?

Just out of curiousity, is yahoo.com in /etc/hosts?

Check netstat -an and see what ports are open.

It's late and I'm tired, so I'm probably missing it
completely, but let me know.

Kevin Kinsey