Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 22:06:42 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /boot/loader on an ancient PC

Hello,

I'trying to reuse an ancient 386sx for a router

I've loaded FreeBSD on two disks from another machine (using
dump/restore on the working PC), so my 386sx just has to boot - normally

I've kep a small DOS partition at the begining of the 1st disk and I've
got BootEasy

when I type F2 at booteasy's prompt, I get an error message (from the
BIOS, because of the partition type ?)
	Non-system disk
	type any key to reboot

when I try to boot from a floppy (with wd(2,a) in /boot.config), I get
another message :
	Disk error 0x7 (lba=0x0)
	no /kernel

What does this error message mean ? (knowing that it comes from
/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2/boot2.c does not help)

Time to try PicoBSD, or is there a method to get past the boot2 error ?

	TIA

	TfH