Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 21:07:46 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound card support question...

I just acquired a ENSONIQ AudioPCI card by Creative Labs (formerly
Ensoniq).  I've not tried to install the card yet because I just read
in the sys/i386/isa/snd/CARDS file that said:

CHIPSET:
    various PCI cards from Ensoniq, OPTI, CreativeLabs.

    This code _cannot_ work on these cards as it is now, since I
    don't think they can use the ISA DMA controller. As there are
    no data sheets available for these PCI cards, none of them is
    supported at the moment.

Is that still the case, or is this file out of date?

Warner