Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:21:20 +0100
From:      Victor Balada Diaz <victor@bsdes.net>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        "Marat N.Afanasyev" <amarat@ksu.ru>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupt storm

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:57:46PM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:

> >what is your motherboard brand? I have the same issue with interrupt
> >storms, as stated in [1] and I think that it can be related with mb
> >manyfacturer
> >
> >[1]
> >http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-January/047644.html
> >

> Opening the case, reading the m/b:
>
>  K9A2 Platinum MSI

I also have the same problem with various machines at hetzner.de. The
motherboard is:

smbios.planar.maker="MICRO-STAR INTERANTIONAL CO.,LTD"
smbios.planar.product="MS-7368"
mbios.bios.reldate="10/31/2007"
smbios.bios.version="V1.5B2"

I've been trying to find a solution for this for some months, but
so far i've been unable to find anything. This problem is poping up
in the lists every few months. I tried asking for help on how to
debug this at least twice but i didn't get much help with it.

Looking at the archives this is the most interesting things i could find:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2008-September/005127.html
and
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/current/2003-09/0574.html

The former seems to be totally related and suggests using KTR to debug it.
The second have some info about how did Bruce Evans debug some ATA interrupt
problems. I don't know if it could be related or not, but at least gives me
some ideas on what to look at when debugging it.

If anyone have any idea on how could i debug this or patches to test i can
try them.

Regards.
--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.