Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 2002 09:47:57 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   not too expensive intelligent hardware raid controller (level 0,1,5)

Hi dear freebsd fellows,

I converted a collegue of mine, who works for the same customer
as I to FreeBSD ;-)

Now he is keep to play around a little with RAID functionality
under FreeBSD. As far as I remember FreeBSD is still unable
to boot from a Vinum RAID level 5 array for example ...

So if he wants to run all from a RAID level 5 array he needs
a separate intelligent RAID controller.

He wants to buy this controller and disks used from eBay not
to spend too much money.

What do you think are rlatively inexpensive RAID controllers,
that are worth to have look at it ...

Used he doesn't want to spend more then $ 100 for a controller,
I already told him -> no way, but I wanted to know if you have
an idea whats currently the most inexpensive RAID controller
so that he possibly gets one used for about this price ....

Thanks for your kind support

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                             /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
http://www.64bits.de                     <  Powered by FreeBSD  >