Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:15:23 -0400
From:      Drew Derbyshire <software@kew.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: zp0 not receiving under 2.2.7?

Mike Smith wrote:
> > Anyone seen a condition where zp0 (3COM PC-Card, rev C) can send but not
> > receive under 2.2.7?  Card/machine/etc work fine under Windows 95.  Card is
> > seen at boot and dumps packets into network, does not see responses.
>
> Incorrect interrupt setting is the most likely cause.
>
> If this isn't for an install, you should be using the pccard support
> and the 'ep' driver.

No doubt I should use ep0 and in fact tried to do so.

However, configuration failed under pccardd.  The error message reported by
pccardd was not sufficient to debug the problem, and I don't have full source
loaded on the target system.  Hence, I left off this chapter of the saga since
I didn't feel like getting flamed for reporting the error message was
incomplete.  As it is, however, the pccardd message doesn't tell me what the
problem is.

I presume zp0 should at least get the system on to my network.  I don't swap
cards, really.

-ahd-

--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

 This message intentionally left almost blank.