Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:18:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc@netcologne.de>
To:        js@mgm-net.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isppp + dynamic IP

Hi!

> gets an answer. If I abort the request in my browser and retry it
> while the connection is online, everything works fine.

I experience similiar behaviour. When I call up a page in the
Netscape browser I very often have to reissue the request before I
am seeing something - it looks like the first request is ignored.

On the other hand, neither pop nor cvsup seem to have need a second
try..

Maybe my configuration is not correct:

(e.g. should I qualify localhost to localhost.my.domain?)

/etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1	 	oranje.my.domain oranje localhost

/etc/hosts.conf:

# having expensive netcalls, we use /etc/hosts before
# name server lookup
hosts
bind

$ netstat -rn

Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif Expire
default            isppp0             USc         0        1   isppp0
0.0.0.1            default            UH          0        0   isppp0
127.0.0.1          127.0.0.1          UH          0       66      lo0

Netscape Proxy File:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
    if (isPlainHostName(host) ||
        dnsDomainIs(host, ".my.domain"))
        return "DIRECT";
    else
        return "PROXY www-proxy.netcologne.de:8080";
}

> Or do I need a newer FreeBSD

Maybe not, I use a recent version of current..

Regards,
Marc