Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:52:31 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   telnet/terminal erratic behavior

Hi all,
I asked a similar question before, but I am trying to attack it again.

When I use Tera Term Pro on a windows machine to connect to the sunOS 2.6
boxes at school (they don't support ssh) I have zero problems.  However,
using a cons25, xterm, or vt100 terminal from my bsd box, I have a nightmare
editing anything.  My cursor and page navigation keys send errant characters
that ruin the text.  They open insert lines in vi and add capital A, B, C,
and D I think.  It is almost useless.  The cons25 is worse, and the cursor
keys do not work at all.  Since teraterm works fine, there must be something
I can do.  Any ideas?

jcm
--
"That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." -President Bill Clinton

"I don't know what you mean by the word 'ask.'" -CEO Bill Gates