Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 18:46:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/resume in -current: still no joy

 * OK, I tried.  And I want you to be fully aware of the extreme personal
 * cost at which I did that.  Because every time I have to interact with
 * Windows 95, I damn near have a stroke.  This exercise probably took 2
 * years off my life span.

My goodness.  If you want to get rid of that wretched laptop, I can
certainly use another one. :>

 * Now here's the clue.  I can make it fail like that reliably when the
 * AC adapter is plugged in.  But if I unhook the AC so that it's using
 * battery power, suspend/resume works perfectly every time!  Plug in the
 * AC, and it fails again.  Unplug it, and it works again.
 *
 * What do you think about that? :-)

Maybe it realizes it's on AC power and thinks "gee, why do I need to
suspend, I'm on AC!" :)

Satoshi