Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:21:59 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        mholloway@flashmail.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD or Intel?

Hello,

you may just wait a little and get an "official" SMP board with two
celerons-400 for the same price as your P-II 400 (check Abit and QDI for
info and look at Tom's Hardware)

This seems the best combination with a decent OS (it should still work
with Wincrap98)

	TfH

"Mark L. Holloway" wrote:

> I'm looking do get another PC for my FreeBSD dektop workstation (ie not serving).
>
> For $189 I can get an AMD K2-450 and Motherboard.
> For $379 I can get an Intel 400 and Motherboard.
>
> I've heard the AMD has a weak FPU but as soon as you hit PIII the price jumps
> way too high (since I won't use the PIII extensions).  Any advice?  Is the AMD
> still a good cpu?
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr>