Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:34:23 +0200
From:      herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>
To:        jon@radel.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAM & Swap & Speed

Hi Jon,
all kosher here, I have my FreeBSD workstation and will put some more RAM into it. Just found it out on a penguin..

Honestly, I would never think that adding RAM to a comp with still unused space left could speed it up. Was just a coincident to find it out. But it clearly explains what I noticed--especially Firefox (lots of cache files) and the email client (switching folders with many lil files in there) had shown some difference.

Will give the computer store a visit tomorrow..
Cheers
herbs