Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:47:45 -0400
From:      Clendaniel Ian IB <ian.clendaniel@phwilm.zeneca.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Jesse Walters'" <jwalt@mwci.net>
Subject:   RE: Lan -->Internet (fwd)

If you're running ppp (user ppp, that is)...why don't you just use the
-alias option??  That basically does the same thing with a lot less
headaches.  I have my LAN at home running through a ppp connection
using:  ppp -auto -alias ud...this allows ppp to run in the background
only as needed with aliasing for all other machines.  By using this you
don't even need to mess with ipfw.  It seems to work pretty flawlessly,
however as always YMMV.

Ian Clendaniel
IT Technition
Zeneca Pharmaceuticals