Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 15:02:45 -0700
From:      Bill <bill@wagill.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ircd recompile

I had to recompile ircd (in order to disable operator password encryption,
and enable operator kills).

I did a make on the ircd directory itself (where the server sources are).

After the make was done, I noticed that the ircd executable was five times
larger in size than the one originally built when I installed the entire IRC
2.8.21 port.

Although ircd seems to be running fine, I can't help wondering why the
executable grew five fold.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Bill.

William A. Gill                           Interactive Voice Response
WAGILL COMPUTING                          Electronic Data Interchange
814 Lakeway Drive, Suite 280              PowerBuilder/SQL Windows RAD
Bellingham, Washington 98226-6219, USA    Internet, Unix, C, TCP/IP
(360) 738-1278                            IBM 360/370 Assembler
http://www.wagill.com                     Systems Development Life Cycle