Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 11:55:33 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        freebsd@dohd.org (Mark Huizer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl script rewrites - progress (2)

> I just upgraded my machine, removed perl as far as I could find it, and
> tried to rebuild perl from the ports tree.
>
> So far, I had to change the Makefile first, since it used perl for the
> post-patch target. That was easy:
>
> change the CP and the PERL -pi to a:
>
> ${SED} <${FILES}/use.perl >$WRKDIR/use.perl
>
> But so far it doesn't compile :-(
> Anyone else seeing this?

Me too. :-( The error I see is:

###################################
Extracting splain (with variable substitutions)
../miniperl -I../lib perlcc.PL
Extracting perlcc (with variable substitutions)
../miniperl -I../lib dprofpp.PL
Extracting dprofpp (with variable substitutions)

        Making x2p stuff
make: don't know how to make <built-in>. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5/work/perl-5.6.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.
###################################

###################################
 > grep built-in work/perl-5.6.1/x2p/makefile
hash$(OBJ_EXT): <built-in>
str$(OBJ_EXT): <built-in>
util$(OBJ_EXT): <built-in>
walk$(OBJ_EXT): <built-in>

No more perl in the base, perl in ports don't build. Hmmm Who said
there wasn't a conspiracy against perl? :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org