Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:02:42 -0500
From:      Andy Angrick <angrick@netdirect.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disk error

I'm putting together a new web server and when I put it through some stress
testing I sometimes get this randomly generated error:
sd1(ahc0:1:0):ABORTED COMMAND asc:1b,0 Syncronous data transfer error, retries:4

Its a random error and is not always fatal. It has 2 compaq DGHS18Y 18.2 GB
drives on an adaptec 2940UW controller. There is an 80-pin to 68-pin
convertor thangy on it that the builder of the computer had to use. When I
first got the computer, both drives were on SCSI ID 0. I corrected that
problem and I'm wondering if my current disk errors are cause by improper
terminiation. If they didn't have the sense to make one disk SCSI ID 0 and
the other SCSI ID 1, then they probably didn't have the sense to properly
terminate the drives. Does anyone have any input or think I'm at least
heading in the right direction?

Thanks
-Andy
p.s. FreeBSD-2.2.8