Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 05:06:54 -0000
From:      Lawson Andrew-ALAWSON1 <Andrew.Lawson@motorola.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Incremental Downloads

Hi all
	 my problem is that my net connection cuts out every 2 hours. When I
need to download a large file I have two options;
a)Use gftp with the ability to resume partial downloads (perhaps other ftp
clients allow this)
b)Use something like Gozilla on a windows machine

	Has anybody any idea how I could automate the process of re-dialling
and restarting downloads, preferably so that I can install ports with the
usual mak install and without having to download things seperately etc.....

		regards

			Andrew

     Andrew Lawson
 andrew.lawson@mot.com