Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:31:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "Julian Stacey Jhs%flip@jhs.muc.de xxyy" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
Cc:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>, Rudy <rudy@monkeybrains.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: '/kernel: Too many dynamic rules, sorry

> Summer 1999 or before,
> I ran out of space for all my rules, I append my

Julian, i think you are talking about a different thing.

The original posting was referring to the stateful (aka dynamic) ipfw
rules, which were introduced in Jan2000.

The patches which someone else mentioned were related to configuring
timeouts on stateful rules.

Your patches just modify the increment in autonumbering ipfw rules.

[and the only reason i spotted this is the "Summer 1999" ...]

	cheers
	luigi