Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:35:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dwilde1@thuntek.net (Don Wilde)
Cc:        robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applixware

> > What I'd really like to see is a piece of presentation software like (or
> > better than) Power Point.  Even the UNIX folk around here do live notebook
> > presentations under Windows to get power point slides--doing presentations
> > under FreeBSD with some spiffy piece of software would gain followers
> > instantly.
>
> MagicPoint (in the Ports, of course!) really does work, Robert. I've
> done some blowout work with it, and you can insert canned Mesa 3D stuff
> as slides. Forget Powerpoint; it may be _easier_, but nowhere near as
> powerful, and that's what counts!!!

KPresenter is like PowerPoint; features are at:

	http://koffice.kde.org/kpresenter/implemented.html

Screen shots are at:

	http://koffice.kde.org/kpresenter/screenshots.html

Home page is at:

	http://koffice.kde.org/kpresenter/index.html

Koffice is at:

	http://koffice.kde.org/

KDE is at:

	http://www.kde.org/

Oh, yeah: it supports full CORBA embedding of all other KDE components.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.