Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:03:11 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@mina.sr.hp.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Assembling new machine

> Cation is in order here, Bason Computer is a grey market drive dealer,
> they purchase excess OEM inventory and sell it to anyone who will buy
> it.  They tend to stand behind it very well for the 1 year Bason warranty,
> but do not expect to be able to file warranty claims with the drive
> manufacturer.

     Thanks for the info.  I didn't know that.

     I'm not too worried, though (although others may be).  Chances are,
if the drive is going to die, it'll die in the first year (the IBM
drives seem to have a pretty good reputation thus far ;-).  If Bason is
pretty good about their one-year warranty, that's probably good enough.

     Anyway, for future reference, does anyone have any recommendations
for better drive vendors (ones that have the IBM DCAS drives in stock)?

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.