Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 00:27:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@poboxes.com>
Cc:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src Makefile.inc1

On 21 May 2001, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

> Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> writes:
>
> > > Debian CDs on FreeBSD with linux emulation way better than you can build
> > > say a -STABLE release on a -CURRENT box... )
> >
> > I just tried a Linux fdisk binary built in 1997 under FreeBSD-current.
> > It seemed to run perfectly except it couldn't determine the disk geometry
> > automatically.
>
> some times ago, I've ported linux fdisk to native freebsd. if you
> really need it, I could make it a port ?

I don't need it myself (I only ran it to see if it supported Linux
extended partitions (it didn't, at least in it's list of known partition
types)).  This is for the old Linux fdisk with a dumb terminal interface
which hadn't changed much (in 1997) since it was first implemented in
1991 or 1992.  It doesn't have a good interface, but I rather like it
since most of it was apparently copied from the one I implemented in
Minix fdisk in 1988 or 1989 :-).  Others might prefer a more graphical
interface.  Which version did you port?

Bruce