Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:48:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        toshok@Hungry.COM (Christoph Toshok)
Cc:        freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla.org

Christoph Toshok wrote:

> so, there's been a lot of discussion about the freebsd-mozilla stuff
> around netscape today (mostly after the press release mail.)
>
> they'd really like to fold the freebsd stuff into mozilla.org if this
> is possible, meaning moving (or at least gatewaying) the
> freebsd-mozilla list over to mozilla.org, and in general presenting
> more of a presence on the mozilla.org site.

The FreeBSD list really goes with the FreeBSD CVS repository that is
now being mirrored out to other FreeBSD sites. Neither are intended to
replace the mozilla.org lists/src.

I personally don't want to be subscribed to a list that has Win, Linux,
HP etc traffic on it because I get enough email already. I tried
subscribing to the mozilla.org lists soon after the source was released,
but the traffic was too great. Maybe that has changed, or maybe you
are prepared to keep freebsd-mozilla as a FreeBSD specific list.
I rely on other FreeBSD people to monitor the mozilla.org lists and
act accordingly.

I guess it would be possible to forward freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
mail to freebsd-mozilla@mozilla.org and not run the list on a FreeBSD
site at all. It all depends on how active mozilla.org is going to be.
More active that Sun, I hope.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137