Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:08:02 -0700
From:      Sanford Owings <sowings@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pointers for setting up NLS locales?

(Apologies if you saw this first on -newbies....)

I want to set up a new locale for Ireland.  I have data for day names,
month names, what have you.  The LC_CTYPE stuff should be fine using
latin1.  What I need now is a pointer on where to begin!  Does anyone
know the locale name--the equivalent of en_US.ISO-8859-1 for Ireland?
Pointers to websites or publications on internationalization of
software would be of tremendous help.

--
Sanford Owings
EECS Instructional Group Staff