Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:58:40 +0200
From:      bsd@perimeter.co.za
To:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd[330]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

Hi folks.

natd[330]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

I've started seeing this message in /var/log/messages recently on one
gateway server, and it is rather frequent, recurring about 4 times every
minute.

Obviously I am running ipfw and natd, and my ipfw ruleset does include use
of some dummynet pipes.  Also, the box in question is still on 4.3-RELEASE,
so if this is fixable by updating then that's what I'll do.

Can anyone clue me in on the cause and perhaps a solution?

Regards,
Patrick.