Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:46:11 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: is this  a bug?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 08:50:19PM -0600, Alex Charalabidis wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Crist J. Clark wrote:
> >
> > Somebody's crontab or /etc/crontab have some messed up entries? Not
> > sure, never seen a message like those before.
>
> I have, on 3.3-RC, but my memory of the incident is a bit vague. What
> *appeared* to solve it was deleting root's crontab. IIRC, it started
> happening after I edited /etc/crontab with a text editor, NOT
> crontab(1).

What do you mean, not crontab(1).  That you didn't use `crontab -e' to
edit the crontab file?  To be frank, I almost habitually use a text
editor to edit /etc/crontab, and it has always worked for me.  Well,
not always, but when it didn't it was because I had forgotten a field
here and there, or because some silly editor wrapped automagically some
line without letting me know ;)

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]