Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:27:14 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "Alex Obradovic" <aobradovic@ballantyneinc.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: home pc use

Alex writes:

> Wow. Did you pay for all of these? I counted
> $3000 in software and stopped.

Yes, I purchased everything legitimately.  I don't pirate software.  I even
bought NT, since the machine originally came with NT Workstation in French, and
I wanted NT Server in English, so I had to buy it separately.

> To be honest, I'd rather be productive with
> the tools I can afford.

You have to spend money to make money, and you don't make money with an
evaluation version of Paint Shop Pro or WordPad.  A single decent assignment can
easily pay for a copy of Photoshop or PageMaker.

> My KDE does not crash. I do not know if you
> are the same person who had KDE issues, but
> if so -- maybe your KDE (or X) is not properly
> installed.

Perhaps.  I don't know if I installed it correctly or not.

Is there a way to completely wipe all trace of KDE and reinstall?  It seems to
have created an incredible amount of junk in my home directory, and
who-knows-where else.