Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:21:14 +0000
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP success on W6-LI

> Just a quick note for the mail archives to say that SMP
> from 3.0-122597-SNAP works brilliantly for me on a
>
> Micronics W6-LI Motherboard  (builtin-SCSI (7880) but no sound)
> 128MB RAM
> 2 x 200 PPro (overclocked from 180)
>
> I did, however, have to flash a new version of the BIOS and
> go from 4.05 --> 4.06 so that the interrupt assignments
> were handled properly. (see http://www.micronics.com).

Forgot to mention that that the 4.06 Phoenix BIOS won't let me boot
FreeBSD from either the IDE or SCSI hard drive, so I'm compelled
to use the floppy just to get things kicked off.  This Phoenix
BIOS boot problem has been alluded to in a couple of the
other mail messages on some of the other lists.  It's an
annoyance but a tolerable one.

Mark Blackman
Radio Communications Research Unit
Rutherford-Appleton Lab.