Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:09:09 -0500
From:      "Elliott Perrin" <eperrin@bigorbit.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Martin McCormick" <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Subject:   Re: Does freebsd work well on Dell Platforms?

I am running FreeBSD 4.3 on the following

4 DELL PowerEdge 300's - PIII 800Mhz
2 DELL PowerEdge 1300's - PII 400Mhz
1 DELL PowerEdge 1400 - Dual PIII 866

I had problems running any 4.x on the 2 DELL Dimension 100's I had lying around, so I put
3.5 on them instead.

The 300's are IDE drives, the 1400 and 1300 have built in SCSI, and work fine. No problems
with the built in Ethernet on the 1400's either.

Cheers
Elliott Perrin
Systems Administrator
Big Orbit - Specializing in new media for youth
web:  http://www.bigorbit.com
email: eperrin@bigorbit.com