Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:17:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Partition with Partition Magic

I am trying to install 2.2.8 Stable on a PC using CD-ROM.  The PC already
has Windows NT and Linux installed.  The partition was done by
partitionMagic 3.02.253.  The boot manager is SYSTEM COMMANDER. There are
nine partitions in all.  The ninth is free (1.4GB).

However, when I come up with the partition menu, FreeBSD only shows three
partitions.  The first is marked as "unused", actually it is the primary
DOS partition (63 blocks).  It can not find the ninth partition which is
free.

Is PartitionMagic (by PowerQuest) compatible with FreeBSD?  Can I use
SYSTEM COMMANDER (I guess it is the boot manager) with FreeBSD (choose
leave boot record intact)? Why FreeBSD can not find the free partition?

Please help me out. Thanks a lot.