Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 16:36:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Justin Ashworth <ashworth@fubar.cs.montana.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A couple of things...

  Does anybody know how to save config options in XEmacs? I set what I
wanted, chose the 'Save Options' option, restarted XEmacs and my settings
were back to the default. Any ideas?

  Also, I just reinstalled my FreeBSD partition to add some disk space
and clean out some beefy ports that I no longer wanted. Since then I
haven't been able to
  1. Receive mail from an outside address at this computer and
  2. Enter X without first dialing my ISP.
  That dialup problem is VERY strange as I have NOTHING in my .xinitrc,
.xsession, .fvwmrc, .Xdefaults, or anything else that requires an
Internet connection to run. I installed procmail thinking that would
solve the mail reception problem, but it didn't.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

- Justin J. Ashworth
-- CS Student - Montana State University
--- Chair, Association for Computing Machinery - MSU
-- ashworth@cs.montana.edu
- http://www.cs.montana.edu/~ashworth