Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:34:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "nate" <freebsd@aphroland.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5 behind windows firewall. Unable to ftp.

<quote who="Nathan Arun">

> How do I configure the freebsd box to get thru' the proxy server?
> Is there a proxy client i have to install on freebsd box?

depends heavily on what Proxy server they are using, there
may be a client, if its SOCKS you can probably use that,
but if its something else you may be SOL

find out from your admin what proxy software they are using.

from the sounds of it having to use a special little client
to connect to the proxy there probably isn't much hope of
getting the bsd box to work with it.

makes me glad im in IT, no matter where i go i always have
full access :) and i don't impose proxies on others.

nate